Buoys provide maximum safety for the diver and the dive partner, but also for the support surface when diving. Buoys are available in various sizes and shapes. An elongated shape has become popular with the buoys and is predominantly used. Buoys are fundamentally different in three groups.
- Buoys with open design - to fill with the regulator / oral irrigator,
- Buoys half closed - to fill with the regulator / oral irrigator,
- Buoys closed - to fill the mouth or the inflator,
Buoys are manufactured in two standard colors in diving.
- orange buoys - for surface marking,
- yellow buoys - to signaling problem